SureGuard™ Safety Restraint Chair, Law Enforcement and Corrections
The SureGuard® Safety Restraint Chair is intended to help control combative, self destructive, or potentially violent detainees. If used properly it can reduce the risk of physical harm to both the detainee and staff. Violent behavior may mask dangerous medical conditions; therefore detainees must be monitored for and provided with medical treatment if needed. Detainees should not be left in the SureGuard® Safety Restraint Chair for more than two hours. The SureGuard® Safety Restraint Chair should never be used as a means of punishment.
- One-piece box steel welded frame for long life and durability
- Handles people from 80 lbs. to 400 lbs.
- Chair weights 80 lbs.
- Chair dimensions
- Full-Size Model: 45-1/2” Long, 28-1/2” Wide, and 42” High (fits through a standard 30” wide door)
- Junior-Size Model: 45-1/2” Long, 26-1/2” Wide, and 42” High (fits through a standard 28” wide door)
- Chair dimensions on a standard pallet for shipping, 48” Long, 40” Wide, 46 inches High
- Shipping weight with a pallet is 110 lbs (we use 150 lbs.)
- Heavy duty 8” diameter wheels with a rated capacity of 350 lbs. each
- 2” wide nylon straps for ankles and wrists
- 18” Hook ’n Loop soft restraint straps at the elbow for secure restraint of detainees
- Non-locking resistant cam assembly for the ankle and shoulder harness strap
- Locking mechanisms on the wrists and lap for confident secure restraint
- Parking brakes on wheels keep the chair in place during the restraint process
- Shoulder straps do not cross the chest and therefore do not restrict breathing
- Chair is easy to use and adjustable for most sized people
- Keeps detainee and handlers SAFE!
SHIPPING DAMAGE NOTICE
Carefully inspect restraint chairs for any damage BEFORE accepting delivery. Any damage must be noted on the Bill of Lading with the driver before they leave the chair or a damage claim cannot be filed and you accept the chair "as is."